The first lamps were designed in 1951, when Noguchi stayed in Gifu, Japan, and drew inspiration from the traditional lanterns used by local fishermen during their nighttime fishing trips.
Vitra’s mesmerizing Akari light sculptures are sculptor Isamu Noguchi’s modernist interpretation of Japanese paper lanterns.
The Akari lights are found along the Nagara River. Today, this iconic collection includes over one hundred lightweight table, floor and pendant lamps in a variety of shapes and sizes.This Akari 10A floor lamp is one of them.
The Akari lamp is handmade from bamboo gabions and translucent washi paper, which is made from the inner bark of mulberry trees.
Isamu Noguchi likens Akari’s light to sunlight filtered through a traditional orthographic paper door – the light sculpture creates a warm glow and a pleasant atmosphere. According to Noguchi, “All you need to start a home is a room, a tatami mat, and Akari.
- Style: Akari, Natural, Modern
- Material: Wood, Metal, Cloth
- Light source: E27 LED bulb or Edison bulb
- Color temperature: 3000K, 4000K, 5000K
- Light source base type: E27
- Power: 15W
- Voltage:AC 110-240V
- Mounting: floor
- Environment: Indoor
- Applicable space: 5-10㎡
- Battery: No
- Driver Required: No
- Finishes: Wood color
- Process: Wood technology, Cloth art
- Control method: Foot Switch
- The bulb provided by default does not support dimming.
Size & Weights
- Size: Dia 53cm x H 150cm / Φ 20.8″ x H 47.2″
- Weight: 7Kg / 15.4lbs
- Please note: Your payment does not include customs duties, local taxes, or any other import costs.
- If you have problems with customs clearance and shipping damage, please contact us by email. Email address: email@example.com